Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Friday, October 27, 2006

NFL picks week 8

The less said about last week the better.

Last Week: 4/9
Overall: 61/39



Sunday: October 29, 2006 (early games)
Seattle 4/2 at Kansas City 3/3, winner: Kansas City
OCC: A pair of former AFC West rivals hook up at Arrowhead. I don't really trust either QB or either team for that matter. When in doubt pick the team that's at home.


San Francisco 2/4 at Chicago 6/0, winner: Chicago
OCC: Perhaps the most interesting thing about this game for me is that Pat Summerall will be calling it for Fox. Almost makes me wish I were watching it. As for the game itself, another week another Bears win over a bad team to trick people in to believing that this isn't the same team that got shreaded by Carolina in the playoffs last season.


Baltimore 4/2 at New Orleans 5/1, winner: New Orleans
OCC: 2 factors at work here. I don't want to pick against the Saints at home, I learned my lesson. I don't want to pick Kyle Boler on the road.


Houston 2/4 at Tennessee 1/5, winner: Houston
OCC: I'm not so much a fan of this game but its not the worst on the schedule this week. I think Tennessee plays teams tough and can rise to the challenge of a good opponent. That's also why I have a hard time picking them here, because I don't think Houston is a challenge they'll care to rise up to meet.


Arizona 1/6 at Green Bay 2/4, winner: Green Bay
OCC: Worst game of the week right here. I'm not picking the Cardinals on the road with a rookie QB and Dennis Green on the sidelines.


Tampa Bay 2/4 at New York Giants 4/2, winner: New York Giants
OCC: New York pounded Dallas but the Buccaneers have won 2 in a row. I don't expect to be talking about a 3 game streak next weekend however.


Atlanta 4/2 at Cincinnati 4/2, winner: Cincinnati
OCC: Atlanta is a real mess even if they are 4 and 2.


Jacksonville 3/3 at Philadelphia 4/3, winner: Philadelphia
OCC: Nothing in this game would surprise me at this point.


Sunday: October 29, 2006 (late games)
St. Louis 4/2 at San Diego 4/2, winner: San Diego
OCC: I don't expect that the football team will be as successful as the baseball team.


Pittsburgh 2/4 at Oakland 1/5, winner: Pittsburgh
OCC: Oakland can win this game with Charlie Batch prominently involved. Something tells me though that the Steelers defense will t-off on Andrew Walter.


Indianapolis 6/0 at Denver 5/1, winner: Indianapolis
OCC: Game of the week right here. Its not January so I predict a Colts victory.


New York Jets 4/3 at Cleveland 1/5, winner: New York Jets
OCC: The Jets may be the worst 10/6 team in NFL history when its all said and done.


Sunday: October 29, 2006 (night game)
Dallas 3/3 at Carolina 4/2, winner: Carolina
OCC: The meltdown continues.


Monday: October 30, 2006 (Monday Night Football)
New England 5/1 at Minnesota 4/2, winner: New England
OCC: I still don't trust the Vikings.

Open Dates:
  1. Buffalo 2/5
  2. Detroit 1/6
  3. Miami 1/6
  4. Washington 2/5

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home