Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, October 22, 2006

OCC Aftermath: TNA Wrestling - Bound for Glory 2006

I gave you the live blog of the show, now for my thoughts.



  • First, I hit a wall. I'm beat. I'm tired more than I have ever been in my life, just typing hurts. I am feeling like I have an upset stomach, I need sleep its been a long week.

  • Best Match: 6 Sides of Steel. We had a stretch of 3 good to great matches in a row with the X-title match, Rhino and Christian and then this match. This was just the best way possible to blow off of this feud. The feud had decisive winners and losers, LAX didn't win only to see AJ and Daniels get their heat back they won and beat them down. Yay, for non-parity booking. I thought it was a nice mix of old and new school in terms of the stuff they did in the match. Probably a ****1/4 match if you wanted me to pin something as subjective (almost typed suggestive) on it.
  • I might have rated it higher if not for the silliness involved. It was a cage match that started with traditional tag rules. Anytime a weapon was involved, West would talk about Earl Hebner not seeing it. Its a cage match what's he going to do, DQ them? Ok **** seriously I just decided to take off another 1/4* for that.

  • Worst match: This is hard but its not that we don't have some worthy options. I was underwhelmed by Monsters Ball as I expected more than I got. No where near as great as last year's BFG Monsters Ball that's for damn sure. I guess since it didn't meet my expectations in a sense it would be my worst match. However, this is because I expected little to nothing about the X-gauntlet, the 4-way tag and Young/Larry Z.

  • The different crowd made this show easier to watch than any TNA show in awhile. The Orlando fans have a tendancy to chant for the sake of chanting. They are a real clever crowd but they've also seen everything, it was nice to see say Petey Williams' tease of the destroyer get a big pop. You don't get that in Orlando.

  • Biggest highlight was the Joe and Angle segment. I don't know if it was better than the one on iMPACT or not, but it was the next logical step as it was another brief taste of what may happen when they wrestle and it was a bit more than we got the first time but still it wasn't completely filling. The only question is why did Angle and Joe seak one-another out in the first place? Its easily explainable but will TNA bother?

  • Jim Cornette's promo tonight was painful just because he lost his voice. Even with no voice though he was easier for me to understand than Jake the Snake Roberts.

  • I was wrong division. I don't have an issue with the way they booked Austin Starr tonight. He got to showcase himself and he won the battle royal in the end. I was afraid going in that if they debuted him in that environment, he would get lost in the shuffel or overwhelmed by the "silliness".

  • At least it was short. Eric Young Vs. Larry Z, nobody really believes Larry is gone especially since Young cheated to win.

  • I'd say that the show was a tale of 2 halves. The first half was not that good even though the crowd was hot for everything. One Angle appeared for the first time it got real good until the end of the cage match. The main event was ok but it had to follow the cage match and nothing they did was going to top anything in any of the prior 3 matches and so it naturally dropped from here. I did like the spot where Sting no-sold Jarrett's guitar to a freaking huge pop. I want them out of the iMPACT Zone a lot more in 2007 because a fresh crowd made up for a lack-luster first half of this show.

  • Biggest show of the year? No, not really, I give them credit for one thing though. Many times TNA PPV events seem to be self-containing where they lead wrap up everything nicely there's no hook for next week's iMPACT or the next PPV. This time in the form of Angle/Joe we got that and you want to see what the next chapter is between Angle and Joe. We'll see if that actually translates to anything but the thought was there.

  • Nothing completely offensive that made me cringe to watch it other than perhaps Jake's promo.

    I'd give this show probably a 7.5 out of 10, so good but not great. Of course, I see TNA as so far under the radar that they need to be doing 9/10's to get any kind of a buzz.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home