Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Thursday, January 04, 2007

1/04/07 TNA iMPACT

I don't know why I'm doing this. Last week's show was dreck.

We start off with Jim Cornette and Samoa Joe. Joe threatens to hurt Kurt Angle for what he started last week.

We have the usual opening and Tenay and West run down the card. I'd like to run down this show as well...with a car.



We head to the ring for our first match.

Match 1: Robert Roode w/Ms. Brooks Vs. Rhino

Rhino gets a pretty nice pop as he heads to the ring. The fans also told Roode that he sucks, just in case he was unaware.

Tenay announces Rhino Vs. Styles, Last Man Standing for Final Resolution.

Now they're back to talking about the Eric Young storyline and getting him to sign with Robert Roode Inc. If you've ever wondered why I concentrate more on what the announcers say than the moves in the ring...well, in short the moves in the ring are usually being performed in matches I don't give a crap about.

Rhino gets the win with a rollup.

Winner: Rhino
Roode is not happy with Ms. Brooks. I'm not happy with this show so far. She at least gets to leave.
AJ Styles comes out and attacks Rhino, I guess to soften him up for the match next week. Of course this was taped 3 weeks ago so I think Rhino will be ok. Robert Roode is helping AJ Styles and AJ hits the Styles Clash.

JB outside Cornette's office and Eric Young shows up. Eric says that he has a friend who JB doesn't know that is being pressured by a woman to do stuff. Oh how I wish I had this problem.

JB: Eric, is this friend of yours a virgin?
Eric Young: No, he's from Kansas.

I immediately love this show again. Let me assure you though it won't last.

Coming up later, Kurt Angle Vs. Christian because you know its better to give this match away on iMPACT with no promotion than to build toward it on PPV or at least promote it for a week. This is why TNA makes the big bucks.

Commercial Break!!!

JB is outside Samoa Joe's locker room this time. How the hell many locker rooms does this building have anyway?
Joe says some things to Angle. He says Final Resolution is 10 days away and that's an eternity for him to wait. No, watching this shi...err...show is an eternity.

Speaking of hating this show, its VKM and they're actually in the building. Thumbs down just on principle of this angle sucking balls.
Mike Tenay and Don West argue about a bullhorn Vs. A Blowhorn and yes I'm serious. BG restates the challenge because Dubble-Dubble-E didn't answer it the first time. God fuck this bullshit angle and god damn fuck this stupid ass group. This segment sucks...I don't care, I want this to stop, just make it stop...that's it I'm done recapping this shitty segment.

You know what, not only am I done recapping this segment but I can't take much more of this show this week.

I'm done, see you next week.

Overall: VKM fuck off.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home