Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Roundtable Recap: Vengeance

We'll break down the month of June in a follow-up post but here's how Vengeance broke Down.

Standings:
  1. Casey Trowbridge: 6-2-1
  2. Wade Wallenstein: 6-2-1
  3. Scott Liedle: 6-2-1
  4. Mark Danger: 6-2-1
  5. Art Shimko: 6-2-1
  6. Euan Taylor: 4-4-1
  7. Ric Gillespie: DNP due to vaginal tearing
  8. Marcus Erickson: DNP


Match by match Breakdown behind the cut:



World Tag Team Titles: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch Def. Matt and Jeff Hardy
We picked: Cade/Murdoch, Unanimous
Everyone started off 1-0 on the night with Cade and Murdoch's defeat of the Hardy Boys.

WWE Cruiserweight Championship: Chavo Guerrero Def. Jimmy Wang Yang
We Picked: Casey, Wade, Art and Euan (Wang Yang) Scott, Mark (Chavo)
I don't want to live in a world where Mark Danger and Scott Liedle are the only correct people...too often.

ECW Championship: Johnny Nitro Def. CM Punk
We Picked: Casey, Euan, Wade, Scott (Benoit) Mark and Art (Punk)
Here's the deal, I'm ruling this a no contest. Fact is WWE made the change late, and while I don't think either of the guys who picked Punk would've changed their mind had Nitro been the opponent all along, I can't say that for sure. Neither can I say that replacing Benoit with Nitro wouldn't have caused some who picked Benoit to change to Punk. Given that had I awarded those who picked Benoit the point anyway it would've changed the standings drastically, I'm calling it a no contest.

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Santino Def. Umaga, DQ
We Picked: Casey, Wade (Santino) Mark, Scott, Art and Euan (Umaga)
I changed my mind about this match right before the show started and picked Santino to win by DQ. This is 1 of 2 matches I did that for and unlike how it usually works, this time it paid off for me.

WWE United States Championship: MVP Def. Ric Flair
We Picked: Unanimous, MVP
As with the tag match to open, we all agreed...and we all picked the correct winner.

WWE Tag Team Championship: Deuce and Domino Def. Sgt. Slaughter and Superfly Jimmy Snuka
We Picked: Unanimous, Deuce and Domino
When we picked in agreement, we went 3-0, so agreeing was in our favor tonight.

World Championship Match: Edge Def. Batista
We Picked: Euan (Batista) Everyone Else, (Edge)
I don't know what Euan was thinking but it likely involved mustard.

WWE Women's Championship Match: Candice Michelle Def. Melina
We Picked: Casey, Scott, Euan (Melina) Art, Mark, Wade (Candice)
The group split, and that was bad news for half of us.

WWE Championship: John Cena Def. Bobby Lashley, Mick Foley, Randy Orton and King Booker
We Picked: Wade, Mark (Orton) Everyone Else, Cena
I thought Cena was doomed when I changed my pick from Orton to him right before the show started. As is usual that back fires on me but not tonight.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home