Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Gregory Helms comments on Benoit

Read what he has to say behind the cut:


Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Time to move on!

I, like many other of my fellow WWE'ers have been contacted by various media outlets to speak on or about the Chris Benoit family tragedy. However, I chose to voice my thoughts here rather than trying to have some 5 min debate with one of these obviously uninformed media personalities that do nothing other than fuel the fire of this already senseless tragedy. I could go into great detail about all the nonsense that has been said about pro wrestlers and pro wrestling in general but I think most of that has been covered already. Instead I will provide you with a couple links to some great articles that reflect my opinion.

The first is an interview with Mick Foley which you can read here. http://www.longislandpress.com/main.asp?SectionID=3&SubSectionID=3&ArticleID=12578&TM=55828.24 This is one article in which I identify completely!! Mick does a GREAT job here, it's a must read!

The next is JR's BLOG at http://www.jrsbarbq.com/ Look for the blog dated 07/08/07. A very good read.

And finally, Matt Hardy, did a pretty good job in his latest MySpace Blog. You can find a link to his page on my profile.

Please read those three. They are very good and they do a good job of defending pro wrestling when so many others are jumping on the easy ship to bash it! Jericho, Cena, Ted Dibiase, and Bret Hart all did a good job on Larry King as well. Wrestling has always been a business that's easy to criticize, especially by people who have no involvement in it and right now it needs people to stand up for it. I agreed with Jericho and Dibiase the most. There is no perfect answer to what happened. In fact, I feel that you could tell me every single detail of what happened that night and I still wouldn't understand it! Why? Because irrational actions don't make sense to rational men. Plain and simple. And while I will not, nor ever will, condone what Benoit did, neither do I feel any blame or guilt just because I worked with him. He was my friend but his personal life was just that . . . personal. And blaming or criticizing pro wrestling is just an easy way out to try and explain a very complicated tragedy. And I also feel that failed, former stars (and I use that term loosely) like Marc Mero are only making things worse by trying to cash in and turn a tragedy into a last few minutes of fame on TV. That is just pathetic. There are a lot of great people in this business, both behind the scenes and in front of the camera, and the many should not have to suffer for the mistakes of a few.

I know it's been hard to stay positive during this. Life just seems to make no sense sometimes, but life does indeed go on, whether it makes sense or not. So as far as the Benoit tragedy goes, just like the title of this blog says, it's time to move on. I'm only speaking for myself of course, but I've had my sad period, then my mad period, then my just total confusion period (which is still kinda where I'm at) but as with all sad times in life you can't dwell on them, you have to move on. And that's what I'm going to try to do.

Tomorrow (July 12th) is my birthday and I plan to have a great day and I hope everyone reading this does as well.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home