Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Early Morning Newsbits - No Surrender, No Mercy, Pride, UFC

I've got some early morning wrestling newsbits and another TNA rant, I know you love those.


In an early morning UFC tidbit, Canvas Chronicle reports the following:
The show (taking place on November 18), believed to be headlined by Tim Sylvia defending the Heavyweight title against Jeff Monson, and originally scheduled
to feature the dual-promotion battle between Chuck Liddell and Wanderlei Silva, will be titled 'Bad Intentions.'



OCC: Sounds kind of generic but then that could just be because I think the Main Event sounds bland.

In some Pride news, Wrestling Observer.com says the following:
Two new matches announced for the 10/21 show at the Thomas & Mack Center are:

Josh Barnett vs. Pawel Nastula
Mark Hunt vs. Butterbean


OCC: Every time I see the name Mark Hunt, I just think to myself, I bet he's thankful his first name isn't Mike.

In some WWE news, PWInsider has the following No Mercy information:
The following matches were announced for No Mercy at last night's Smackdown taping in Montreal:

    • Finlay vs. Batista
    • Lashley vs. King Booker
    • Rey Mysterio vs. Chavo Guerrero in a Steel Cage match
    • Undertaker vs. Mr. Kennedy


OCC: I wish Euan luck recapping this one. Actually to be fair the cage match should be decent and Finlay/Batista intrigues me.

Now for the big one also from PWInsider.com this one is about this Sunday's TNA No Surrender PPV:

"In the course of history, there are defining moments that change the fabric of a company forever. These are moments that are spoken about for years, not
days, and serve as benchmarks in the annals of a company’s growth. And on occasion, those moments transcend the individual company and re-write the history
of an industry. This Sunday at the NO SURRENDER PPV, an announcement will be made that will do just that. You will not want to miss the NO SURRENDER PPV."


OCC: That little bombshell was written by Dixie Carter - President of TNA Wrestling. This proves to me that everything the Darth Vader sound-a-like says in those hype videos is written by her. Seriously it sounds just like that. I don't remember the last announcement out of wrestling that was as blown out of proportion as this one but it also likely came from TNA. I mean I have no idea what the announcement is but holy hell that's quite the hype job. If they hyped iMPACT that well they might get a 1.0 again. If they hyped the PPV itself that well, they might get 40,000 buys. I'll have some guesses for the announcement but I'll save those for our PPV roundtable, I'm sure you'll like them.

That's the early morning news that I came across.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home