Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Friday, December 08, 2006

NFL Picks Week 14

Its actually past time once again for our weekly trip around the National Football League.

Last Week: 7/9
Overall: 113/79

Thursday: December 7, 2006 (Thursday Night Football)


Cleveland 4/9 - 7 at Pittsburgh 6/7 - 27, I Picked: Pittsburgh
OCC: You're just going to have to take my word on this one.



Sunday: December 10, 2006 (Early Games)
Baltimore 9/3 at Kansas City 7/5, winner: Kansas City
OCC: This should be the first of a bunch of fun games this weekend. The Chiefs are my pick because they're very hard to beat at home plus they need this game more than Baltimore does.


Tennessee 5/7 at Houston 4/8, winner: Tennessee
OCC: Both teams are coming off of victories last week with Tennessee's beating Indianapolis slightly more impressive than Houston's beating Oakland. I give Jeff Fisher credit, he has gotten more out of the Titans than I thought possible way back in September.


New York Giants 6/6 at Carolina 6/6, winner: Carolina
OCC: This game is important because you've got 2 teams with identical records playing and the winner helps their playoff cause while the loser is pretty well screwed. I picked Carolina due to the fact that in my prediction for the season I believe I said they'd win the Super Bowl. While I no longer feel that way, I still want them in the playoffs.


Oakland 2/10 at Cincinnati 7/5, winner: Cincinnati
OCC: They convinced me to pick them last week but that's not happening again as they're back in the race for the #1 draft choice. I want them to get that choice which means I have to route for them to lose the rest of the way and I can do that but it also means Detroit needs to win another game. That I'm afraid may be too much to ask for at this point.


Philadelphia 6/6 at Washington 4/8, winner: Philadelphia
OCC: I picked Washington last week and they promptly lost. This could have been written by me many a week this season. As I am picking Philadelphia to win, expect a Redskins victory.


Atlanta 6/6 at Tampa Bay 3/9, winner: Atlanta
OCC: I've had about as much luck with the Falcons this year as I have the Redskins but yet I pick them again this week. Bet on Tampa if you're able.


Indianapolis 10/2 at Jacksonville 7/5, winner: Indianapolis
OCC: I kind of think Jacksonville will win this game but they are on the banned list which means I'm not picking them again unless they somehow play Oakland or Detroit this year which isn't happening.


Minnesota 5/7 at Detroit 2/10, winner: Detroit
OCC: Do I really think Detroit will win? I'm not so sure, all I know is that the Vikings can't seem to score and neither can their fans...owww, I'm harsh sometimes. I need Detroit to win so Oakland can screw up the #1 pick in the draft instead of the #2 selection.


New England 9/3 at Miami 5/7, winner: New England
OCC: This would've been more fun had Miami won last week but sometimes life is not fun. New England still has something to play for right now and the Dolphins don't.



Sunday: December 10, 2006 (late games)
Green Bay 4/8 at San Francisco 5/7, winner: San Francisco
OCC: In a game that is so exciting that I don't care about it the 49ers will get back on the winning track in the NFC Playoff hunt. Yes, they're 5/7 and still in the NFC Playoff hunt.


Seattle 8/4 at Arizona 3/9, winner: Seattle
OCC: I think Seattle can clinch something with some help from the 49ers and Rams this weekend but its the NFC so I don't care.


Buffalo 5/7 at New York Jets 7/5, winner: New York Jets
OCC: The fact is I'm no more certain about who will win this game than I was the last time it was on the schedule. The Jets seem to me like a big tease and so they're ripe for a loss to blow their good position.


Denver 7/5 at San Diego 10/2, winner: San Diego
OCC: In a rematch from a couple of weeks ago, its a different location but Denver's still not winning.



Sunday: December 10, 2006 (Sunday Night Football)
New Orleans 8/4 at Dallas 8/4, winner: Dallas
OCC: It is the game between the NFC's 2 good teams, sorry Chicago fans but we'll get to your Bears in a bit. I'm not going against Tony Romo at this point.

Monday: December 11, 2006 (Monday Night Football)
Chicago 10/2 at St. Louis 5/7, winner: Chicago
OCC: The biggest frauds in the NFL are the Bears. Yes, they have a good defense but they also have an easy schedule, play in a bad division in an inferior conference. They pile up the wins in the regular season but when it comes to the postseason they'll get their clocks cleaned the first time they see a good opponent across the field. That may happen against a New Orleans or a Dallas or it might not happen until Super Sunday.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home