Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Tito Ortiz wines like a little bitch

Heard about this in the observer and found the link.

Quoting from this Article

Find the quotes and my comments behind the cut:



Ortiz said he didn't agree with referee Mario Yamasaki's decision to stop the bout when he did, with Ortiz on his back covering up as the hard-punching
Liddell was on top raining blows upon him.

Ortiz said he watched a tape of the card and determined that other fighters, particularly veterans such as himself, were given longer to fight their way
out of trouble.

"This was the biggest fight in history, and I think it was stopped a little prematurely," Ortiz said. "I'm not a guy who cries or makes excuses. But John
McCarthy is the best referee we have and this was the biggest fight and I don't understand why he didn't do this fight. He would have let the fight go
a little longer, I believe.

"If I knew (Yamasaki) was going to stop it, I would have fought a little harder to get out at that point."



Lets take these bits at a time shall we?

My favorite part first:

"If I knew (Yamasaki) was going to stop it, I would have fought a little harder to get out at that point."


Um, aren't you supposed to be fighting hard to get out in the first place? If you're saying you could've fought harder and didn't, why didn't you? And perhaps, just perhaps the fight was stopped because you weren't fighting you giant dickhead?

This is close for my second favorite and may tie for first.

"I'm not a guy who cries or makes excuses."


Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh whahahahahahahahaha heeeheeeeheheeeheheheh

In the years that I've been reading about this sport casually, and in the year or so I've been watching it closely, nobody cries, wines or bitches more about why he has lost than Tito Ortiz. Not only does he bitch when he loses, he even has managed to come up with excuses for why wins come harder for him than people might've expected.

I also love how he says he's not the kind to cry and make excuses, and then immediately follows it with a but.

"This was the biggest fight in history, and I think it was stopped a little prematurely," Ortiz said. "I'm not a guy who cries or makes excuses. But John
McCarthy is the best referee we have and this was the biggest fight and I don't understand why he didn't do this fight. He would have let the fight go
a little longer, I believe.


I don't know how referees are assigned to fights, so I won't speculate and yes I found it curious that Big John didn't referee this fight. But is this really going to be the battle cry of the loser from now on anytime someone loses in a fight not refereed by Big John?
Tito, you were lucky that you made it out of the first round. Yeah, I know Tito got a takedown in round 2 but Chuck was right back up and Tito wasn't able to capitalize. As Randy Couture said on commentary when the fight was stopped, lying in the fetal position is not inteligently defending yourself.

I do agree with one thing he said:

"I fought the best fighter in the world. If I lost to some guy everybody was beating, that might be a different story. But Chuck right now is on top of
his game."


Yes, you did fight the best in the world and he is on the top of his game.

I find it funny that now Tito's talking about an early stoppage when after the fight we got not a peep out of him on the subject and he being the UFC's resident bitcher would've said something if that's how he felt.

The theory is 2 pronged.

1. They're hoping to fuel the fire for a third bout, and this is the way to do it by planting the seed of doubt as to whether it was an early stoppage. There's likely even some orchestration of these comments by people like Dana White in that direction.

But, the part about I would've fought harder to get out suggests that Tito had some extra reasons besides the above for his words which brings me to the second prong.

2. A guy with a bad MCL was kicking his ass. That's not exactly the best news in the world for a fighter. I think he wanted to save a little face by implying he wasn't fighting his hardest against a 1 legged man who was owning his ass.

So for all of the Tito fans out there, even if the referee stopped the fight early which in my opinion he did not, it doesn't matter. If he waited to stop it, all he would have done is allowed Tito to resume feeling the pleasure of Liddell kicking the crap out of him. If Yamasaki stopped the fight early which again I don't think he did, all Yamasaki did was a favor for Tito by ending his night a few seconds or minutes before it would've ended in the same result anyway.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Euan Taylor said...

I agree with every single thing you have said Casey and not just because i hate Tito Ortiz and love Chuck Liddell.

"2. A guy with a bad MCL was kicking his ass. That's not exactly the best news in the world for a fighter. I think he wanted to save a little face by implying he wasn't fighting his hardest against a 1 legged man who was owning his ass."

The great comment i read all-time all my life.

2/07/2007 8:06 AM  
Blogger Wade Wallenstein said...

Knew you would the find article they referred to in the Observer. I am in 100% agreement with everything you said here. I also agree with Euan's last sentence, lol.

2/07/2007 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home