Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Casey's Commentary: TNA iMPACT 06/28/2007

Welcome to TNA iMPACT coverage. Lets see if I can get through this, I failed with ECW on Tuesday.

Show opens with a video recap of Cornette explaining the Victory Road main event from last week.

We open with West and Tenay talking about tonight's world title match. A video airs with comments from Angle, Rhino and Christian.

Tale of the tape, followed by the entrences of all the participants.

We even get the UFC style intros...

Samoa Joe gets an intro and I believe he's going to do commentary. Nice of TNA to let him be close to the ring for his run-in.

Instead of commentating...Joe decides to comment to Angle by beating him up.

Match has not officially started, so we go to a...

Commercial Break!!!
I liked the way they hyped up the match, made it seem special. The rest of my commentary for the show is behind the cut.



Match 1: Rhino Vs. Christian Cage Vs. Kurt Angle - TNA Championship

There's not a lot happening I feel like writing about.

TNA is doing a deal where you can vote for 3D's opponents on TNA mobile.

  1. LAX
  2. AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels
  3. The Naturals


Yeah, I'm voting for the Naturals...don't know about you. The top 2 teams get the shot.

They are talking about how later in this show there will be an X-division showcase match including Eric Young. Its smart...you want to make it seem like other stuff is planned even if it isn't, so as to not telegraph finishes and match length.

Commercial Break.
Match is ok, but I wouldn't call it anything special at this point.

A Victory Road commercial airs or something.

We're back and I apologize for this recap. I've got 2 people here and it is hard for me to focus on what's hapening. Add to that, the fact that its just a standard match and I do my best work talking wacky angles and stuff...and this just isn't what I wanted to be.

Oh, yeah, somewhere in here Christian was attacked by Abyss. I apologize for not knowing where, I'm just finding it hard to focus.

Tomko and Styles go outside where Abyss and christian were fighting and they attack Abyss while Rhino and Angle wrestle in the ring.

Then, we go to another...commercial Break!!!

We're back and Rhino gores Angle through a table in the ring, just a few seconds later.

Christian has a nearfall...but Harris brings him out of the ring.

Tomko and Styles come in the building to take Harris off of Christian.

I expect more people to interfere...and right on Cue, Abyss re-enters the picture.

Here comes Sting to help Abyss and it is the parade of TNA stars~!

Commercial Break!!!

Back from the break and we're back with people fighting all over the place. Tomko is bloody, Sting is fighting Styles...there's about 600 guys out here.

A bunch of stuff is happening now but amazingly, its all in the ring involving the 3 wrestlers...but then again, they just showed Storm and Tomko spitting beer so maybe not.

Angle hits the Olympic slam, and gets the pin.

Winner: Kurt Angle

My Thoughts: Hard to really say, my mind is just not in this.

Interesting experiment though and I commend them for that.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home