Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Friday, September 22, 2006

The streak stands at 28

Watertown-29
Huron-6
*Tonight was Huron's homecoming as well.

You know I was listening to the halftime show on the radio talking about the great Huron teams from the past as the inductions into the HHS hall-of-fame are this weekend and they were talking about how in 1992-93 the Tigers were the first team in state history to win football and boys basketball titles in the same year. The Tigers would win wrestling in 1994 and nearly took state track that year.

I remember that era even though I was only in 5th-6th grade at the time.

I'm not disparaging anyone on the Tigers teams now, I hope soon to post that the streak has ended but I don't know what it will take.

I wish the athletes well though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home