Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Television News Roundup for 01/30

I'm starting this one even before the beginning of Creativity month, but its the Television News Roundup. Basically, I'll give my thoughts on a couple of stories every day that I find to be of some importance and give brief bits of commentary on others. Not too hard to follow now is it?


Our first article is At Last Television Ratings go to College
New York Times - Registration probably required.
The piece examines the Nielson ratings finally counting college campuses. Not surprisingly professional wrestling and the impact that this new system could have on it was not counted, but I'd have to think that TNA and WWE would see gains especially the latter. Think about this, WWE Raw is usually the highest rated show on cable television and this is before college campuses were factored in to the equasion. As someone who supposedly went to college, I can tell you its a popular show there. I'm actually more interested in what this does for TNA and UFC more than anything else.
The article suggests that shows like the Simpsons, Family Guy, America's Next Top Model, South Park and Adult Swim could see big gains as well and I don't doubt it.

For more of the roundup you'll have to continue reading...



Next up we have this article from PC Magazine titled: Internet to revolutionize TV in 5 years
Thus is the claim of Microsoft chairman Bill Gates.
I don't personally doubt that the Internet will change the way content is delivered and when and how we can access it and personally it will probably change it for the better. However, the trouble is at least for me that the content will still for the most part be horrible and so what we're really doing is making it easier for people to watch horrible shows whenever they wish. I'm not sure that this is such a good revolution afterall.

Mario Lopez got to crown Ms. America
and now he's off to EXC. True fact, I know Ms. South Dakota.

Leonard Nimoy to host Star Treck Doc on Hisotry Channel
I'm sure Wade will be watching, and I am equally sure that I will not be watching.

Dirk Benedict places third on UK's Celebrity Big Brother
A more impressive accomplishment than starring in Body Slam let me tell you.

CW axes "Reba" after 6 seasons
Armed and Famous axed much much sooner

Super Nova Implodes
"Rock Star" band can't sell albums or tickets. Perhaps they should go the K-fed route and hook up with WWE?

Bill Murray will celebrate Letterman's 25th on Thursday
A fitting choice as he was on Feb. 1, 1982 which you math majors will note is exactly 25 years prior to this Thursday. I'm sure Iron Sheik is surprised he wasn't called to appear with Kramer.

Dr. Who Wants Brittney Spears
Well, at least someone does.

As for the other half of the formerly dynamic duo Watch K-Fed's Super Bowl ad

Speaking of the Super Bowl...NFL Network started 65 hour long Pre-game show on Monday and before too many years pass a mere 65 hours long show will be perceived as starting late. But if that's not enough for you...NFL taps a different kind of footballer for Super Bowl spot Its David Beckham and he plays soccer or something.

That's the major bits from Monday, I'll be back later with Tuesday notes and comments. Check out TV Tattle for more news

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home