Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TV Roundup for 01/31

Its time for another edition of the TV news roundup. Lets see what's happening in the TV world, we've got some crazy stuff.



Aqua Teen Gorilla marketing stunt triggars Bomb Scare in Boston
In some ways, this could really only happen to Aqua Teen.
Here's a link
to the apology released by Turner Broadcasting.

YouTuber joins MADtv
See, I think they should've chosen Euan.

All this while a study suggests that YouTube is bad for TV
I've got a study for you, apparently bad TV is also bad for TV. My study probably cost less to undertake.

Aparently, Courtney Love was the victim of a Prank by someone claiming to represent American Idle. Given that the real executive producer referred to her as "A talented performer" I'd say it is more than just one prank.

Here's 1 we don't see everyday and that's too bad because I wish we did: Celebrity Fitclub bans Screetch after threatening an "Idol"
I wouldn't mess with Dustin Diamond, he beat up Horshak and was on a TNA PPV with Tiny the timekeeper...and you people think TNA sucks now. It must've been bad though as Tiffany, Warren G and Marsha Brady weren't happy. I'm going to love writing this column.

American Idol Propells "House" and Fox to their best ratings ever
I'd rather watch the worst episode of ECW 100 times over from beginning to end than 1 minute of the best ever episode of American Idol just once.

Networks shun Serial Dramas in Pilot Orders
from the descriptions of some of these shows, especially the police shows, I'd like to congratulate Vince Russo on finally landing that Hollywood gig.

I don't want to say this guy's been hanging out with Sheiky
but it is pretty likely he's been sharing the Medisong. They need to do Old Country survivor and have Sheiky as a guest host. I'd watch that from now until year's after I die.

Miss America ratings take a nose dive
perhaps they'd draw a better rating if Ms. America herself took a nose dive...in to a giant cake! Everybody loves cake!

I've got just one thing to say about
Adult Swim going live action Vorse than Hulk Hogan~!

"Everwood" Brother and Sister are no longer dating
Ok, so am I the only one that first read that headline and immediately thought something like: "Legally, they probably shouldn't have been dating in the first place".

Jennifer Aniston won bet over "Dirt"-Y lesbian kiss
I can confirm that the bet was not with me.

Jimmy Kimmel turns 4
I could've swore he was older, but I don't always pay attention to these kind of things.

For sale in the UK we have A Simpsons Donut maker
I just need to know 2 things. 1. How much does it cost. 2. If I sent Euan that amount plus shipping could I have one or 5 of these?

When I heard the title of this show: Are You Smarter than a fifth grader? I knew it could only be on Fox. If TNA were a TV network it would be Fox, there is no way to convince me otherwise. Also, Russo would not be smarter than a fifth grader. Hey, its still January, got to work out the last of these before midnight.

More scheduling news
at the SitComsOnline.com Blog, which I'm sure gets more hits than I do.

At the age of 53, Kevin Nealon becomes first-time father
Big thumbs up to a man who we thought was always an under-rated host of weekend update, not that he was the best but he's better than you probably remember.

PBS tackles The Supreme Court in a 2 part documentary nobody will watch.

Are you a fan of F troop
Closer
The Untouchables
Streets of San Francisco
or
Airwolf?
Then click on those links for some DVD release news.

Thanks to TV Tattle Sitcoms Online and
TVShowsOnDVD.com for doing all the real work that made this post possible.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home