Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

EliteXC Debut lacked big-league punch

So says Steve Sievert in his Houston Chronicle MMA blog who was there live.

I've got some thoughts...



I guess my biggest thought is now you can understand the difference between being at a show live and watching it on TV. I didn't think it was the biggest of big time shows I've ever seen but I thought the initial show was a nice debut and it gave me pause to think that this might be the best threat to UFC on North American soil.

In fact, there were elements that I found better in EXC than UFC. It isn't the most standout thing but the ring announcer was lightyears ahead of Bruce Buffer.

I also thought the announce team was very good on this night.

The one question Sievert asked that I'd love an answer to is where the hell was Slater?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home