Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Thursday, February 08, 2007

The Major Announcement...

So, did you notice the new look?

Well, it looks that way for a reason.



When I first started this blog, I had a vision for what I wanted it to become. I wanted it to be a place with people posting news on all sorts of topics from Wrestling to MMA to music and video games. However, while there have been posts on a wide variety of subjects with such a small crew there's more happening than can be covered.

Perhaps, one day there'll be enough contributors to revisit that strategy but for now we're going to trim the fat so to speak.

So from this point forward, the OC Times will be primarily a Wrestling/MMA site.

If you look at the sidebar, and you should just to see what's different, you will note the absense of a great many links.

I'll get back to that other content in a second.

I wanted to strip the focus to Wrestling/MMA for a couple of reasons.
1. It is largely the focus anyway. Most of what you read here is related to Wrestling and or Mixed Martial Arts.
2. It cuts down on my own workload. It saves me from posting sports news and opinions and Television and all the other stuff I was doing, my ambition has outstripped my abilities.

So, as time passes you will see all of the posts removed from this blog that cover things other than MMA or Wrestling. As I said, hopefully in the future there'll be more people to take on some of these but now it is myslef and a band of just a few.

However, as wrestling/MMA are clearly not the only thing we wish to write about or find interesting, there will be a separate blog coming soon where the types of non-wrestling or MMA posts that end up here now will end up, but probably it won't be updated as often.

Why is this happening now? What's the deal with the new look right now?

This leads to today's portion of the major announcement. This is being done in preparation for the launch of OldCountryTimes.net

Things along that line have been moving slower than a drunken snail, but hopefully will be picking up soon. I don't want to say anything more until the deal is in place, but if this happens you'll likely have to partially thank Ric Gillespie for it.
So, the actual domain is closer to a reality.

That's not the extent of all that we have going down here at the Times, so stay tuned for more major announcements that are bigger than anything tNA's ever announced. Or at least I'd like to think so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home