Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, December 03, 2006

TNA Year End Awards Voting

Its time once again for the high comedy of the TNA Year-End awards. Who could forget last year when Jackie Gayda won Knockout of the year after having done nothing. What about Team 3D winning tag team of the year even though they had like 4 matches? We all remember AJ Styles being declared Mr. TNA and all the fans chanting “Joe got screwed”. Then Shannon Moore stole the plaque and that led to much silliness.
So since these awards are such a gold mine for comedy I thought I’d take a look at the nominations and see who gets my vote.

Your choice for the 2006 TNA Knockout Of The Year:
Ms. Brooks: Yeah she had a banner year, why I’ll never forget that thing she did that one time before being paired with Robert Roode.

Gail Kim: Now this is a woman that actually did something. She’s been the most active of all the woman in TNA this year.

Christy Hemme: Only if you think saying “Up Next on iMPACT” is something to brag about.

Jackie Gayda: Even though she’s fired in the storyline its sure nice of TNA to include her on the ballot.

So-Cal Val: The only woman on this list to do less than Christy Hemme.

My Vote and Comments: I voted for Gail Kim because she actually did something this year. It is of course just a who’s the hottest contest so even then I’d have voted for Gail. It is kind of funny that all 5 of the women are available and by funny I mean sad. I also noticed, no Sirelda and there’s a joke in there but I’m not going to make it at least not in this post.

Your choice for The 2006 TNA MVP:

Sting: Only if the contest is biggest paycheck.

AJ Styles: 3 consecutive wins ends this year.

Jeff Jarrett: Only if the award means most valuable giant black hole of heat sucking death.

Christian Cage: Perhaps if he had been a heel for more of the year.

Samoa Joe: Will probably walk away with this one.

Abyss: What the hell?

Rhino: See Abyss only moreso.

Christopher Daniels: Like AJ had a good year overall but ain’t winning.

My Vote and Comments: At least TNA had the sense to leave Angle off of this list. He probably would’ve won for 2 months worth of work had he been included. I voted for Samoa Joe although he wasn’t booked like an MVP this year.

Your choice for the 2006 TNA Finishing Move Of The Year:

Black Hole Slam – Abyss: Oh please

Canadian Destroyer – Petey Williams: Won this last year and probably the year before probably not this year.

Musclebuster – Samoa Joe: Its likely the winner.

The Gringo Killer – Homicide: Might’ve gotten my vote but I didn’t see him hit it on TV or PPV enough for it to matter.

The Gore – Rhino: Not the worst choice on this list.

The Border toss – Hernandez: I love this move but since he hit it on my beloved I vow revenge by not voting for it.

The Stroke – Jeff Jarrett: No fucking way.

The Styles Clash – AJ Styles: Been there, done that although if they had a category for best variation his would win for when he put Homicide through the table.

Scorpion Deathlock: Only way this would win is if it were just between this and the Stroke.

My Vote and thoughts: Where’s Senshi’s Warrior’s Way? I voted for the Musclebuster but only because Hernandez used the Border Toss on Gail Kim.

Your choice for Who To Watch In 2007:

Austin Starr: no

Kurt Angle: Probably going to win, probably should if maybe not for the reason TNA thinks.

Hernandez: I’m still holding my grudge.

Homicide: I wish he would win.

Robert Roode: I’d rather watch paint dry.

Jay Lethal: Watch him job.

A-1: I’d rather watch Robert Roode.

Eric Young: The joke is starting to go well beyond the point of stale.

Alex Shelley: I find him entertaining.

Tomko: Yes, he’s on the ballot after 2 appearances. Well I guess this would be an appropriate category.

My Vote and Thoughts: I voted for Angle, I’ll be watching him closely.

Your choice for 2006 Tag Team Of The Year:

Latin American Xchange: Those that have been paying attention know my thoughts on LAX.

America’s Most Wanted: Had a long title reign at the beginning of the year, a nice feud with Styles/Daniels and now involved with LAX. I’d probably rank them third.

Styles/Daniels: Probably would get my second choice with 2 feuds I liked with AMW and then with LAX.


Team 3D: Stale, tired, did little to nothing that I care to relive or remember.

Voodoo Kin Mafia: See Team 3D multiply by 100,000,000,000,000,000.

The Naturals: Still not over, still don’t care.

Diamonds in the Rough: No, seriously. If this team is on the ballot why not Norman Smiley and Shark Boy?

Lance Hoyt and Ron Killings: Now they’re just making stuff up.

Bentley and Kazarian: Bwahahahahahahahahaha

My vote and thoughts: I voted for LAX, duh! They came a long way from Machete and being job fotter for the James Gang.

Your choice for The Memorable Moment Of 2006:

Christian Cage wins the NWA Title: I remember them fucking this up pretty bad.

Jeff Jarrett wins King of the Mountain: I remember this sucking giant balls of super-suck.

Alex Shelley Films Sting and his Family: I remember this getting Alex Shelley over to a degree before it was as you say fucked up large.

Abyss attacks Christian at his home: I remember kind of liking this actually.

Kurt Angle announced at No Surrender: Oh, I’ll never forget this.

Sting Wins the NWA Title: I’ll never forget the stupid way he lost it.

Kurt Angle confronts Samoa Joe on iMPACT: I remember wondering if it was stupid to do this so soon.

My Vote and thoughts: Where the hell was the fire? That’s more memorable than any of these accept for 2. Angle confronting Joe and Angle’s announcement. I’ll give the vote to the announcement because it’s the one thing this year outside of LAX that TNA didn’t screw up beyond all believability.

Your choice for The Memorable Moment Of 2006:

Samoa Joe: Uh, well maybe

Senshi: I may vote for him because of Euan’s now famous line.

AJ Styles: Spent more time in the tag scene.

Christopher Daniels: See Styles, AJ.

Chris Sabin: Really came on as a heel towards the end of the year.

Alex Shelley: Probably entertained me more than any other one in the division the entire year.

Petey Williams: I barely remember him in the company.

Sonjay Dutt: Next

Jay Lethal: Next

Shark Boy: What the hell? Previous, Previous!

My Vote and thoughts: Where’s Kevin Nash? Seriously, he’s been the biggest star of the division all year. If I have to vote for someone on this list I’ll vote for Shelley as he entertained me all year while staying in the x-division all year. Joe will probably win.

Your choice for The Feud Of The Year:

Styles/Daniels/Joe: Ended in march, so no.

Rhino/Christian Cage: Rhino never won but the last match was good.

Sting/Jeff Jarrett: Only if the category is most boring feud that nobody cared about and lasted for 10 years past forever.

LAX/AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels: 2 thumbs, Way Way Up!

Kurt Angle/Samoa Joe: Too soon.

Abyss/Christian Cage: Na!

My Vote and Thoughts: I voted for Styles/Daniels Vs. LAX although I find it interesting that AJ and Daniels Vs. AMW wasn’t listed and neither is the feud that probably should’ve won this award, Samoa Joe Vs. Scott Steiner.

Your choice for The 2006 Match Of The Year:

Ultimate X LAX/Daniels & Styles No Surrender: A pretty good match.

Abyss/Christian Cage – Full Medal Mayhem – Sacrifice: I barely remember this.

Styles/Daniels Vs. AMW: I liked this match a lot on first viewing but I think I like the Sacrifice match better now.

Jeff Jarrett Vs. Christian – Against All Odds: Overbooked mess.

King of the Mountain – Slammiversary: Fat fucking chance!!!

Sting Vs. Jeff Jarrett – Bound for Glory: Yawn!

Monsters Ball 3 – Bound for Glory: Very Underwhelming!

Chris Sabin Vs. Senshi – Bound for Glory: This was a real good match I thought.

6 Sides of Steel – Bound for Glory: They really thought highly of this show.

My Vote and Thoughts: Where was Styles/Daniels/Joe from Against All Odds? I voted for the Ultimate X match because of the weirdness involved in the 6 sides of steel.

So there is the wacky year-end voting for these awards. TNA really should’ve consulted me when putting this thing together. I beg TNA when they announce the winners to let us see the percentages so I can see how many people voted for Diamonds in the Rough as team of the year.

You can vote in the awards yourself by Here

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home