Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, December 10, 2006

TNA Turning Point 2006 Roundtable Preview

It is time for the 4th PPV out of 5 in 5 weeks. So lets see what the assembled gang of idiots led by me, the chief idiot have to say about this one?



Casey: It is time for Turning Point 2006. The slogan for the show should be it won’t be worse than ECW. I say that and yet I’m worried that Russo will somehow find a way to mess it up.

Wade: It is now time for TNA's final PPV of the year. I see we have an impressive line up and I hope it'll be entertaining.

Euan: Another month, another TNA PPV booked by the magnificent Vince Russo. What craziness can we expect this time? Oh wait, Eric Young in a bikini contest?
That just about covers it.

Pre-show Match: Serotonin vs. Lance Hoyt & Ron Killings

Casey: Serotonin are Raven’s new group and this will be Kazarian and Bentley. It’s the preshow match, so who cares? However, I think the idea behind the group is that there are consequences for losing and to show this they kinda have to lose.
Winners: Ron Killings and Lance Hoyt

Scott: Ron Killings and Lance Hoyt to win.
Winners: Killings and Hoyt

Wade: I care as much about this match as I do about VKMs crap lately. This is The Flock Revisited and I don't see them doing any better this time. Since I gotta pick a winner I'll go with...
Winner: Serotonin

Euan: Serotonin to win
Winner: Serotonin

VKM to perform their next “dumb to the Xtreme” skit.

Casey: I didn’t put this in the roundtable but I want to comment on this angle. This is a stupid angle for a lot of reasons. First, the TNA skits are just as lame if not moreso than the WWE skits. Second, the VKM is asking DX to stop doing dumb skits, so basically they’re telling their competition to put on better television shows. Yeah that’ll really help TNA if the WWE puts on better shows. I’m not sure it will help but Vince Russo thinks it will and he obviously knows more about this than I do because Dixie Carter had a choice between Vince Russo and anyone else in the world (including me) and she chose Russo.
This angle builds to nothing. Its not just that it won’t lead to a match between VKM and DX or VKM and Vince but this feud won’t even be blown off in TNA. The feud won’t have any winner and the only losers are going to be people like me who have to recap this crap and any other fan that decides to sit through this garbage. I don’t know what this skit will be but I can tell you this much. It won’t serve a purpose, it won’t be funny, it will only take up valuable air time that could best be used by showing a test pattern and I will hate it violently.
But this is the point of my rant. Two can play at this game. So if TNA doesn’t stop these stupid VKM skits I am going to do exactly the same thing that they are doing. I am going to declare war on them and do inane things to get them to stop these Vaginal Kunt Mucus skits. It will barely, if at all, be noticed by the company, it won’t get them to stop and it will end up going nowhere. Just like the TNA angle itself and that right there will be the entire purpose of my war declaration.

Bikini Contest: Eric Young Vs. Ms. Brooks (fans judge)

Casey: You know this will be interesting at least for me. Notice I said interesting, not good. In this Bikini contest you have a fan favorite in Eric Young against a heel. But, if Ms. Brooks comes out looking smoking hot will the fans pick her over their guy? I’m guessing that they will and Eric Young will get nervous about losing the support of the people to extend this storyline even further beyond the point of people caring.
Winner: Ms. Brooks

Scott: I want Ms. Brooks to win. Eric Young in a Bikini is just wrong. However, I think Young will somehow end up winning.
Winner: Eric Young

Wade: Seeing Eric Young in a bikini is gonna give me nightmares for weeks. The plus side, though, is that seeing Ms. Brooks in a bikini will give me great dreams for months. If I were judging I'd definetly pick...
Winner: Ms. Brooks

Euan: Ah, now we know for sure who is booking this PPV? Seriously, who in 2006 is going to buy a PPV to see a bikini contest and especially one where one of the contestants is a man. Well maybe that's being to kind...a retarded man. I am not even going to bother putting a prediction in because this is just so fucking stupid. Why waste time on this? Couldn't they not have this and give some of the matches on the PPV something called time which may help them?
Winner: ha, yeah right

Rhino Vs. AJ Styles

Casey: Well, I kind of like what they’ve been doing with AJ Styles recently. There are a billion faults with Russo but the one thing he does try is to cultivate personalities so now we know that aside from being a good wrestler AJ is a bit of a hot-headed temper as well. At least that’s something but whatever. I think AJ Styles is victorious because Rhino sure has done a lot of losing lately.
Winner: AJ Styles

Scott: AJ will win what should be a pretty good match and I’m not just saying that because he’s my favorite wrestler besides Samoa Joe.
Winner: AJ Styles

Wade: This match has had fairly decent build up. You could actually see this progress as opposed to other feuds that start for no reason and have a confusing end. I think the power of Rhino will be too much even for the Phenonenal One.
Winner: Rhino

Euan: I am going to pick AJ Styles to win here and only because he cut the best redneck promo in the world last week on Impact.
Winner: AJ Styles

Paparazzi Championship Series Elimination Match: Austin Starr Vs. Senshi Vs. Alex Shelley Vs. Jay Lethal Vs. Sonjay Dutt

Casey: Oh dear, this match. The only thing I can say for sure about this is that it will be a spotfest. I’m not altogether against this by the way. As for a winner, I think that Austin Starr will go over. He and Shelley are the focus of this whole angle and so Starr wins making Shelley even more jealous. However, if Euan’s prediction comes to pass I’m alright with that as well. Also maybe Euan should sue Wade for gimmick infringement.
Winner: Austin Starr

Scott: This should be a good spotfest that the crowd will probably really like. I think that Senshi will walk out with the win.
Winner: Senshi

Wade: I don't understand the point of this match but the skits for it have been highly entertaining. All I have to say about this match is...Senshi by kicking everybody in the head.
Winner: Senshi

Euan: Senshi by kicking each man in the face.
Winner: Senshi

Flag Match: Latin American Xchange w/Konnan Vs. America's Most Wanted w/Gail Kim

Casey: The booking of this is so obvious that it makes this segment ripe for a Russo swerve. But, I’m guessing that the swerve this time will be that there is no swerve. The booking is obvious, this is non-title so that AMW can win the match, play the anthem and get beaten down by LAX at the end. I realize that Russo wouldn’t care about changing titles but I don’t see it happening right now, even though LAX was actually stripped of them at the last PPV which I guess we’re not supposed to remember.
Winners: America’s Most Wanted

Scott: This match was not good last month, hopefully these 2 teams will step it up a little bit this month. The winners of this match will be America’s Most Wanted.
Winners: America’s Most Wanted

Wade: Why is this match on the card if it's non title? TNA must have some reason for that and I probably won't know until I watch the show. I don't see a lot of wrestling happening in this, more brawling and lots of interference. Konnan will try and use the blackjack but I think AMW will counter with the beer bottle or something.
Winners: AMW

Euan: The question here is...will the flag be on a pole? AMW suck, not as much as the Naturals but they are up there with them. The tag team division in TNA is currently owned by LAX and i do not see them being stopped anytime soon. LAX to win.
Winners: Latin American Xchange

NWA World X-division Title: Christopher Daniels Vs. Chris Sabin w/Jerry Lynn as Special Referee

Casey: Lets look at the facts as I see them. This match didn’t need Jerry Lynn as a special guest referee. Unlike Euan I am content to have these men wrestle for ever because the matches are good. However, back to the facts Lynn’s presence is done for a reason. It may be a stupid reason but Russo does have one. The reason is one of two things. Either Lynn will turn on Daniels and side with Sabin swerving the fans out of a match between Lynn and Sabin that they’ve been building up or Lynn is either the cause of or blamed for Sabin’s loss and that sets up Lynn and Sabin. Euan thinks he’ll turn and I will go the other way and say that Daniels retains setting up a match with Styles and Lynn and Sabin.
Winner: Christopher Daniels

Scott: Lynn will cost Sabin this match and will set up a match for down the road. Also it looks like Styles and Daniels are on a coarse to feud once again and it will probably be over the belt.
Winner: Christopher Daniels

Wade: I actually like this feud. Sabin is a great wrestler and he pulls this off well. Having Lynn on-screen more is great to see as well. This will no doubt be a high paced match with plenty of near falls. I think Sabin is going to find some way to cheat or get Lynn so angry that he'll try and take a shot at him and hit Daniels instead.
Winner: Chris Sabin

Euan: Why do we have to see this again for the 500,000 time? All they have done is add a special referee who i'm sure will play a role in the match somewhere. I am going to say Sabin to win the title thanks to a Lynn turn. Why not, the belt has changed hands about 5 times in the last month so another title change wouldn't hurt.
Winner: Chris Sabin

NWA World Heavyweight Championship: Abyss w/James Mitchell Vs. Christian W/Tomko Vs. Sting

Casey: While I definitely don’t share Euan’s feelings toward Sting especially 1980’s Sting I see his point regarding this match. I like the fact that Abyss is getting some character development but I’m not so sure I like him turning face which is where this is headed. As for the match itself I don’t really know who will win. I’m going to make a prediction though which is that…
Winner: Christian Cage

Scott: I would like to see Abyss have a nice little run for the title. I’ve already seen Angle wrestle Christian in WWE so I don’t want to see that for the title right now. Abyss would be a good way to get the belt to Angle if they want to go with Angle as next champ.
Winner: Abyss

Wade: I have no idea where they're going with this match. I never saw Abyss as championship material. Sting or Christian would've made fine NWA World Champs for an extended period but they didn't hold it for long. I don't see Abyss retaining in this type of match but not being pinned either.
Winner: Sting

Euan: Yawn! I'm sorry i don't give two fucks about this title match. Only TNA could have taken one of the most prestigious titles in wrestling and made it about as meaningful as a Rey Mysterio title reign. Abyss to retain as i sure as hell do not need to see 1980's Sting again. He sucked then and he still sucks to this day.
Winner: Abyss

Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle

Casey: I’m in the camp of those that feel this match is too soon. However, I’m not surprised by this whatsoever. The questions I have surrounding this match are whether it will be better than the last one, and or longer than the last one? As for a winner, Joe definitely needs to get something back. He has now lost to Angle twice and he needs to not lose 3 in a row. That is what needs to happen, but I’m not altogether certain that it will happen. I guess I can hope.
Winner: Samoa Joe

Scott: Samoa Joe has to win to set up a match down the road for the belt. I hope that this match goes 30 minutes. I think Angle has something to prove with last month going so short and Angle always steps it up when he feels he has something to prove. Plus I’m bias as I love both wrestlers.
Winner: Samoa Joe

Wade: Their first ever match was sooner than I expected and this rematch is way too soon. Expect a lot of what we saw in their first meeting but hopefully some "trickery" from either Joe or Angle. I'm sure they're thinking of doing another match so I'm going with...
Winner: Samoa Joe

Euan: MAIN EVENT TIME!
"And now from the beautiful Manda"...NO! Bruce, i don't need you until December 30 ok. So until then go back to the strip bar and this time remember: the girls take off their clothes, you have to remain clothed.
Isn't this rematch happening a little too quickly? Would it have hurt so much to wait a couple of months and actually do this thing we call "build". Oh wait, Russo is booking...never mind. I'm just surprised he has not added some kind of crazy gimmick to this match, maybe they didn't let him touch this one. I have a feeling Joe will get his loss back but it will not be a clean win, something is going to happen to taint the victory but I do not know what.
Anyway I'm sure this will be a good main event to the PPV and hopefully if Russo has kept the stupidity to the minimum, the crowd will give it the attention it deserves. Samoa Joe to win.
Winner: Samoa Joe

Casey: The Old Country Corner will have live results from yours truly as the show takes place. Also after the show, Wade will be along with a report of his own.

Scott: This will probably be the best wrestling show of the month. However, for as much as I want to see Angle Vs. Joe again this month is all about Chuck and Tito for me.

Wade: I will be doing "not so live" coverage of this event so my results will be up a few minutes after it ends. Enjoy Casey's live coverage though!

Euan: I won't get to see this PPV until a week on Tuesday but i will have some kind of review of sorts for the fine people here.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home