Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, January 28, 2007

My WWE Royal Rumble picks

My picks were ready to go but I got busy with work (among other things) so I will post them here for all to read.



Jabroni Wade:

* Thirty-man 'Royal Rumble' match - Shelton Benjamin, Chris Benoit, Carlito, Tommy Dreamer, Kenny Dykstra, Edge, Finlay, Ric Flair, The Great Khali, Chavo
Guerrero, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Gregory Helms, Hardcore Holly, Kane, King Booker, Chris Masters, Shawn Michaels, The Miz, Johnny Nitro, Randy Orton,
Montel Vontavious Porter, CM Punk, Sabu, The Sandman, Super Crazy, Kevin Thorn, The Undertaker, Rob Van Dam, Viscera
This sounds like it'll be an interesting Rumble. It will also be my first time trying to do live results for one. Shawn Michaels says he's going to win but I'm going with Undertaker. I'm guessing they're going to wait until they have a lot of guys in the ring then bring in Khali. He'll eliminate a lot of guys then get eliminated himself soon after.


* WWE title/'Last-Man-Standing' - Cena vs. Umaga
I see they're doing a job of hyping this match. I was working Monday night so I read the article on WWE.com about Cena's "injury" and it was a nice way to continue the angle. The match will probably consist of Umaga beating the crap out of Cena the majority ofthe time with Cena mounting a comeback and FUing him through a table or something else.


* World title - Batista vs. Mr. Kennedy
This match is elementary. The only reason (I think) they have Kennedy facing Batista now is so they can hold off having him face Undertaker until Wrestlemania.


* ECW title - Bobby Lashley vs. Test
Who gives a crap about the ECW Title anymore? This was once a great belt but it's been destroyed ever since WWE brought it back. The only original ECW wrestler to hold the title has been RVD and he lost it because of problems outside the ring. Having Test as ECW World Champion would be a big mistake so I hope Lashley squashes him.


* The Hardys vs. MNM
Looks like I was right when I said the one Night Only" thing for MNM was more WWE BS. There is an extreme (pun intended if you get it) shortage of tag teams so why not have them go at it again? I see The Hardys teaming up more in the future with Jeff pinning Nitro.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home