Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, February 18, 2007

CARE and some other vuz, vuz, vuz Jabronis preview WWE No Way Out 2007

Welcome to the preview for WWE No Way Out 2007. We have the usual crowd assembled... and Ric to preview the first Smackdown PPV of the year and to give their predictions on what should be an interesting evening. (Casey's Note: for Scott's picks Click Here)


Here are the current WWE PPV and overall tables as they stand:

WWE Standings

Wade: 1 event, 5 wins, 0 losses for 100%
Scott: 1 event, 4 wins, 1 loss for 80%
Marcus: 1 event, 3 wins, 2 losses for 60%
Casey: 2 events, 7 wins, 5 losses for 58.33%
Ric: 2 events, 6 wins, 6 losses for 50%
Art: 2 Events, 4 wins, 7 losses for 36.36%
Euan: 2 events, 3 wins, 8 losses for 27.27%

Overall Standings

Wade: 6 events, 32 wins, 17 losses for 65.31%
Marcus: 6 events, 30 wins, 19 losses for 61.22%
Ric: 7 events, 33 wins, 23 losses for 58.93%
Scott: 6 events, 27 wins, 22 losses for 55.10%
Euan: 7 events, 30 wins, 25 losses for 54.55%
Casey: 7 events, 30 wins, 26 losses for 53.57%
Art: 7 events, 28 wins, 27 losses for 50.91%


Wade: Here we are with No Way Out, a not-so-much Smackdown exclusive PPV. We've got wrestlers from both RAW and ECW on here which makes this feel like a PPV before the brand split which isn't bad at all.


Seven Way WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
Gregory Helms vs. Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Daivari vs. Shannon Moore vs. Jamie Noble vs. Funaki vs. Jimmy Wang Yang.

Casey:
Gregory Helms is the longest reigning champion in WWE right now and he's also the longest reigning Cruiserweight champion ever. I have no doubt that this is because the creative team forgets it even has a cruiserweight division. As for this match, well hidden in here you have the 3 Count Vs. Jung Dragons feud continuing a mere 7 years after it started. I think there are really only 2 possible outcomes. Either Helms retains or Daivari wins the title. I say Daivari is the only challenger likely to win because how often do these others even make it on TV? My gut tells me that the WWE will deem that there is a need for a change. Really though, I have both Helms and Daivari on my fantasy roster so it makes not too much difference to me.
Winner: Daivari

Art:
Hmmm, which one of these jabronis will win the Crusierweight
title? uh, Daivari?
Winner - Daivari

Ric: Knowing the rules would be nice, but I guess it's asking too much. I'm going with Guerrero, possibly with help from Vickie, ending the longest something-or-other in something-or-other history.

Euan: One word...clusterfuckspottasticTNA-esce. (Casey's Note: For forgetting to pick a winner, and for telling me to fuck off further down, I'm picking Euan's winner here, but I'll be nice and say he meant to pick Gregory Helms)

Wade: 'm not surprised to see Helms has held onto the Cruiserweight Title for so long. He won it in this same type of match at the Rumble last year but given that the champion doesn't have to be pinned to lose, I sense a title change.
Winner: Jimmy Wang Yang

Marcus:
Winner: Gregory Helms

Finlay and Little Bastard Vs. Boogeyman and Mini-Boogeyman

Casey:
Initially this was just to be Finlay and Boogeyman and that on its own would've been wacky enough. But now we've got Minis involved and that's going to just increase the wackiness by that much more. I believe the idea was put Finlay in with Boogey and maybe he'll get better. It worked with Lashley and not so much with Batista. I don't think that Finlay and Little Bastard should lose this and not just because I have them both on my fantasy roster. So, in the third match of this feud I'm picking...
Winners: Finlay and Little Bastard

Art: God, this fuckin' match... wackiness galore here folks, it
would be horrendous having the Team Boogey go over yet not surprising...
Winners: Boogeyman and Mini-Boogeyman

Ric: Boogey fever, baby!(Ric obviously had been taken over by Dusty Rhodes while writing this prediction)

Euan: Winner - Boogeyman and Mini-Boogeyman

Wade: This sounds it like it could be an entertaining match. I saw some pictures of Little Boogey and he looks as strage as Boogeyman which is a good thing. Finlay will get in some good offense but in the end...
Winner: Boogeyman & Little Boogey

Marcus:Winners: Finlay and Little Bastard

Diva Talent Invitational (Open to all three brands)

Casey: Dear sweet lord this could be a TNA gimmick match like mess. It will be hard to pick a winner here because there are only about a billion divas on the roster. Surprised they didn't call it a Talent Invitational Tournament just to hammer home "TIT". Actually, there is one person whom the WWE would prefer to win this thing and you know what that means, if the crowd cheers for anyone besides this person, the WWE will ignore it and anoint her the winner anyway. The way to pick the winner is to ask yourself: "Who is going to be in Playboy soon"? So there you have it a more scientific analysis of this thing than it deserves and your winner...
Winner: Ashley Massaro

Art: C'mon now, do I really have to talk about this one?? Editor's Note: Since Art did not make a pick, i will make Maria his pick(That should save the spreadsheet Casey)

Ric:Call me crazy, but I'm going with Jillian (Hill). Nah, it's going to be Ashley.

Euan: My only wish for this is to see Maria wearing nearly any clothes and look hot. She has already won in my books.
Winner - Maria

Wade: This is a very strange thing to add. Maybe they want people to know who the Divas are from each brand? It's a good idea since I have no idea who the majority of the Divas are on Smackdown or ECW. Let's hope this doesn't go too long.
Winner: Maria

Marcus:
Winner: Ashley

Kane vs. King Booker

Casey: This feud hasn't had the best build up I've ever seen in fact I barely remember how this whole thing got started. I don't see the point of Kane winning here so I'm going to predict that he doesn't and that at the end of the night, we will all hail King Booka.
Winner: King Booker

Art: Well this is a blah match... I haven't followed this feud so my answer could be wrong but I'll go with Kane on this one.

Ric: I'll go with Booker

Euan: Winner - King Booker

Wade: I downloaded(He means spent $40 on the PPV to support the Vince McMahon Ivory Backscratcher fund) the Rumble and saw what happened betwee Kane and Booker and figured it was a good way to start a feud. I can't see Booker taking out the Big Red Machine and if he does, it'll be by cheating.
Winner: Kane

Marcus:
Winner: King Booker

ECW World Title Match
Lashley vs. Mr. Kennedy

Casey: Here is how I know that I'm not going to pull a Euan from New Year's Revolution and go 0 for the entire show(Editor's Note: Fuck you!). There is no way in the world that Mr. Kennedy is going to walk out of L.A. with the ECW championship.

Winner: Bobby Lashley

Art :Even with Kennedy doing what he can to carry Lashley, expect to see Lashley exposed even more with his greenness... no way Kennedy wins the ECW title though.

Ric:Ha, ha, ha! If you're confused, lemme simplify it for ya - Not Kennedy.

Euan:ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Winner - Lashley

Wade:Guess they wanna give Lashley some more exposure by defending the ECW World Title on the other shows. This is a pretty good idea if they really wanna push Lashley.
Winner: Bobby Lashley

Marcus:Winner: Lashley

MVP and MNM Vs. The Hardies and Chris Benoit

Casey:Nothing like adding a match at the last possible minute, and having it mean nothing for the buyrate of a show. I expect that this should be good as 5 of 6 isn't bad. I was at one time a sucker and believed that MNM eventually needed to win a match in this feud. However, I got bit by that one at the Royal Rumble and I don't feel like falling for it again. However, having said that, I guess I'm going to fall for it again because I somehow stupidly see MVP and MNM picking up the win with possibly MVP pinning Benoit to set up an issue for later. I figure this way MNM still hasn't actually beaten the Hardies and yet their team gets the win.
Winners: MNM and MVP (something tells me I could regret this one)

Art:Please, don't let the team with that shitball MVP win~!

Ric:This is either going to build MVP for a new program with Benoit, or another chance to bury the heels. I'll go with the latter.

Euan: This should be a nice little 6 man tag match but why add it at the last second where it is going to get exactly zero more buys rather than announce it on Smackdown and perhaps pick up a few. I am positive that this will be the setup for the MNM vs, Hardies match at Wrestlemania 23 so i'm going to predict that The Hardies will take this match forcing MNM to challenge them to a TLC/Ladder tag match.
Winners - The Hardies

Wade:I decided to go to WWE's website to check on the card and I saw this match was added. Glad to see they decided to put The Hardys & MNM on the card. The partner for The Hardys is great but they could've done better with MNMs partner. I'm predicting some German suplexes on MVP and some more double teaming by The Hardys.
Winners: Chris Benoit & The Hardys

Marcus:Winners: MVP and MNM

WWE Tag Team Championship
London & Kendrick vs.Deuce & Domino

Casey: The challengers have won every match on TV up to this point. However, before I get to what that means, it was very WCW-like for WWE to announce the ladder match and then pull it. It would've been different had they just announced this match, but by promising something good and then giving us this, it just doesn't make sense why they'd do something so dumb. Anyway, the Greasers are just plain awful in the ring. They're not ready to be the tag team champions, even if they were to get Iron Sheik to try and lead them to the promise land just like he did for Nikolai, until their relationship was fractured over $2. I'm writing about that because I care not enough about this match. I'm going to predict though that the right thing happens and the champs retain.
Winners: London and Kendrick

Art:I have a bad feeling the untalented Andrew Dice Clay clones will get the
titles through some type of cheating method of some sort.

Ric:For the sake of my Fantasy points, I'm hoping the challengers take it, but am pretty sure that's not gonna fucking happen.

Euan:FUCK DEUCE & DOMINO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU TOOK AWAY THE MAIN EVENT OF THE SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND WHY...TO GIVE US THIS POTENTIAL WORST MATCH OF 2007! FOR THAT LONDON & KENDRICK HAVE PERMISSION TO KILL THESE TWO SHITTY FUCKERS! *exhale* I feel better now.
Winners - London & Kendrick

Wade: Why are these guys even getting a title shot? I may not know what's goes on there but I do know these Greasers are relatively new to the show. The fact that they supposedly went over the head Teddy Long to get this shot is strange in itself. They couldn't do any worse for the Tag Titles then to have them on London & Kendrick.
Winners: Deuce & Domino.

Marcus:
Winners: London and Kendrick

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD NOW IT'S TIMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FOR OUR UFC MAIN EVENT OF THE EVENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Well Bruce Buffer is back from his extended holiday to the Betty Ford Clinic and obviously that was a waste of money.

World Heavyweight Champion Batista & Undertaker vs. WWE Champion John Cena & HBK

Casey:
This may be the hardest match on the show to predict an outcome for, in fact I am very interested in seeing how this match plays out and who wins. See, I am interested in this show because I want to know who will win, not who someone's consultant will be or some other foolishness I want to know who will win this match. As I must make a prediction, or the guy that keeps track of these things show-to-show will get pissed and he can be a real hard-ass sometimes, kind of a jerk really but that's not why we're here. Undertaker and Batista seem to be functioning better as a unit leading up to this match. This tells me that 1 is likely to screw up and cause the other to get pinned. I think perhaps it will be Batista that messes up and Undertaker who gets pinned. This way you start to build real tension between them whereas some already exists between Cena and Michaels.
Winners: Cena and Michaels (AKA the guys from the A-show)

Art:Should be a decent match, I can see the RAW guys going over on this one to further
the dissension between Taker and Batista.

Ric:I thought I had this one all figured out, but now I'm not so sure. Considering the star power involved, and their respective issues, I suppose we could get something other than a clean finish. Fuck it, I'll go with the 'SmackDown' guys. After all, it's their pay-per-view.

Euan: The battle of the A and B teams! After the great eight man match on Raw this week, i have high hopes for this match entertaining me and at least showing once and for all that Smackdown is Raw's bitch. My prediction i guess is kind of obvious after my rampant abuse of the "wonderfully entertaining" Smackdown brand.
Winners - John Cena & HBK

Wade: This is a nice way to preview the World Title matches for Wrestlemania. I liked how they ended RAW and I see that HBK and Cena were also on Smackdown. I haven't watched Smackdown in forever so I don't really know what they did there. This is also a very hard match to pick, but since they probably won't do a draw I gotta pick.
Winners: John Cena & HBK

Marcus:Winners: Cena and Michaels

Casey: This show looks interesting on paper but I'm still not ordering it. Perhaps Euan will have some kind of OC-Times report on it. Editors note: That may happen.

Wade: There you have it. I am not going to jinx myself by saying I am going to outright win this time. Plus, I can think of better things to do than spend 1 Night in Chyna.

Art: I won't be watching or covering this show tonight as I will be at CHIKARA~!

Euan: Thank you and good night~!


Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home