Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, February 11, 2007

CARE and some other vuz, vuz, vuz Jabronis Roundtable Preview: TNA Against All Odds 2007

Sunday: February 11, 2006
Universal Studios, Orlando Florida
7:30 PM ET Pre-show, 8:00 PM Pay Per View



Casey: This show looks bad on Paper even for a TNA show. I usually find relief in these TNA shows by the fact that I’ll probably see at least one good match on a given show and often more, but I don’t think that I’ll find that relief this time. Also if I finish last in this prediction contest like I did last month, expect a Rampage and I don’t mean Quinton Jackson. On a personal note, I love Ric’s picks.

Relive the past years of Against All Odds.


Lets Take a look at the standings:
First we have 1 TNA show in the books

Marcus: 1 event, 6 wins, 2 losses 75%
Ric: 1 event, 4 wins, 4 losses 50%
Art: 1 Event, 3 Wins, 5 losses 37.5%
Euan: 1 event, 3 wins, 5 losses for 37.5%
Scott: 1 Event, 3 wins, 5 losses 37.5%
Wade: 1 event, 3 wins, 5 losses 37.5%
Casey: 1 Event, 2 wins, 6 losses 25%

Looking at Pro Wrestling overall including TNA and WWE.
Marcus: 2 events, 9 wins, 4 losses for 69.23%
Wade: 2 events, 8 wins, 5 losses for 61.54%
Scott: 2 events, 7 wins, 6 losses for 53.85%
Ric: 3 events, 10 wins, 10 losses for 50%
Casey: 3 events, 9 wins, 11 losses for 45%
Art: 3 events, 7 wins, 12 losses for 36.84%
Euan: 3 events, 6 wins, 13 losses for 31.58%

Now looking at the current overall standings.
Wade: 5 Events, 26 wins, 14 losses for 65.00%
Marcus: 5 events, 26 wins, 14 losses for 65.00%
Ric: 6 Events, 28 wins, 19 losses for 59.57%
Scott: 5 Events, 23 wins, 17 losses for 57.50%
Euan: 6 events, 25 wins, 21 losses for 54.35%
Casey: 6 events, 25wins, 22 losses for 53.19%
Art: 6 events, 24 wins, 22 losses for 52.17%

Wade: So here we are at Against All Odds. This should really be called "Against All Normal Matches" since half are gimmick matches. I actually saw the Impact leading up to this show and they tried to make an exciting end spot to make you really wanna watch AAO but it seemed forced and rushed which is never a good combination. It'll be interesting to see how many crazy finishes we get.

Preshow Match: Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt Vs. Serotonin

Casey: These preshow matches are worth an easy point. Dutt and Lethal are getting new looks and Serotonin never win.
Winners: Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal

Art: Sonjay and Lethal on the pre-show match? I guess it makes sense to most as these two are PCS jabronis. Who's Serotonin, are those Raven's Flunkies? Should be a fun, high-flying match that'll get lost in space forever.
Winners: Sonjay/Lethal

Ric: Who?
Winners: Those first guys

Euan: Who the fuck cares about Serotonin?
Winners: Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal

Wade: What is Serotonin's use in TNA besides jobbers? They're gonna lose just so Raven can come out and cane one of them
Winners: Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt

Scott: Serotonin’s gimmick is that they always lose so, your winners…
Winners: Jay Lethal and Sonjay Dutt

Marcus: Winners: Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal

Mixed Tag: James Storm/Ms. Tennessee Vs. Petey Williams and Gail Kim

Casey: If not for my self-imposed ban on hating on Russo, this would be the match where my hatred would come out the most. Instead I’m going to tell you that it seems that it is about time for Chris Harris to have heeled up and cost James Storm the match. Oh, and of course as Gail is involved, she’s hot and I want her, that is all.
Winners: Petey Williams and Gail Kim

Art: Not a fan of the mixed tags, is this Jacqueline's first TNA match? I'm curious how both teams work together individually.
Winners: Petey/Gail

Ric: Eh
Winners: Storm and Tennessee

Euan: Winners: James Storm and Ms. Tennessee

Wade: This match would make a little more sense if Chris Harris were in it. Guess they really wanted to have this match and anybody remotely connected to this team would do.
Winners: James Storm and Ms. Tennessee (though they'll probably continue the feud no matter what)

Scott: The real winners will be all the people not watching this match. The match winners will be…
Winners: James Storm and Ms. Tennessee

Marcus: Winners: James Storm and Ms. Tennessee

Christy Hemme Vs. Mystery Opponent

Casey: I’m not sure who it could be. I know TNA wants Lita but wanting something and getting it are too different things. I guess Jackie Gayda is possible but it might still be too soon after giving birth she might want to work her way back in to shape. Traci is still on the roster and that exercises all of the women who aren’t already tied up in things. It could also be a swerve and be a man like Kip James and god would that suck bad? Either way, I see Kip screwing her out of the match leading to yet more fantastic things in this feud.
Winner: TBD

Art: Will it be Lita as her opponent? Either way it doesn't matter to me.
Winner: TBD

Ric: Sadly, I already know the opponent.
Winner: Christy, I guess.

Euan: This is going to be horrible no matter who the opponent is going to be. I'm sorry but i have absolutely no hope whatsoever for this match, it might as well be Vince Russo in a dress...in fact...
Winner: TBD

Wade: I believe this will have one of two outcomes: They'll actually get Lita signed (fat chance) or it'll be Kip James. It looks like they're trying to give Christy a push so...
Winner: Christy Hemme

Scott: I will pick Lita because it won't happen and Russo probably did the whole swerve thing....again so it won't matter anyway
Winner: Christy Hemme

Marcus: Could this be Lita? I suppose its possible.
Winner: Christy Hemme

Basebrawl 2: Team Eckstein (Lance Hoyt) Vs. Team Pierzynski (Dale Torborg)

Casey: Time once again for our attempt to get on Sportscenter. It is too bad being on Sportscenter has meant nothing for them in the past. The winner is obvious for so many reasons, mainly it’s the guy that will still be with the company the next day. Oh, and choosing Hoyt for this spot would be like if at WrestleMania you had Val venis managed by Donald Trump against Scotty Too Hotty managed by Vince McMahon.
Winner: Lance Hoyt

Art: This sucks. I fuckin' hate baseball. This got some press but expect only 30,000 buys again next month.
Winner: Hoyt (if not he's fucked)

Ric: Huh?
Winners: Babyfaces (ed note: Hoyt)

Euan: Why? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU TNA? WHO IS GOING TO PAY TO WATCH A MATCH CENTERED AROUND BASEBALL PLAYERS? THAT'S RIGHT, NOT A FUCKING PERSON!!!!!!!!!
Winner: Team Eckstein – Lance Hoyt

Wade: A big, crappy wrestler vs. a big, crappy former wrestler. "The Demon" makes his return for the ring for what I hope is the last time in one of the dumbest gimmick matches of all time.
Winner: Lance Hoyt

Scott: This is the match where I say that Russo needs to be shot.
Winner: Lance Hoyt

Marcus: Winner: Dale Torborg

Motor City Chain Match: Rhino Vs. AJ Styles

Casey: First, Scott read my choice and decided to pick Rhino because I did, well to teach him a lesson in a way that could backfire on me I have altered my prediction. AJ is headed in to a stable with Steiner, Christian and Tomko and I think he’ll go over on Rhino here. Rhino is good at losing to others. The only thing about this match that worries me is that the chain likely keeps Styles from doing a lot of his high-flying which as a heel he probably shouldn’t do anyway.
Winner: AJ Styles

Art: we have this match again, hope there's no fuck-finish. I'd say Rhino prevails but he seems to get screwed with victories, AJ got the best of him last time, so maybe Rhino gets it? I don't know, that seems logical.
Winner: Rhino

Ric: Hmmm….
Winner: Styles?

Euan: Winner: Rhino

Wade: Ah, the old standby gimmick match. I like to think of this as a Bullrope match with a twist. Rhino has turned his losing streak in a mediocre fashion and hopefully he gets a better win this time.
Winner: Rhino

Scott: I’m picking Rhino because I read Casey picked him.
Winner: Rhino

Marcus: Winner: Rhino

Little Italy Streetfight: Team 3D Vs. The Latin American Xchange

Casey: 3D is taking this one. They’re taking it if it is for the titles, but they are definitely taking it if it is not for the titles. Just so we’re clear, I’m almost certain this affair is non-title, thank goodness TNA is so good at making these things clear.
Winners: Team 3D

Art: I guess Team 3D is from Little Italy? Will there be Italian flags all over the ring? I'd like to see LAX kick 3D's ass, those guys haven't meant shit to me in TNA.
Winners: LAX

Ric: Ha, Ha, Ha.
Winners: The Really Fat Guys

Euan: I have lost track of how many times we have seen this exact match over the last six months, seriously is no-one else wanting to fight LAX? This isn't Bobby Lashley on Raw looking for an opponent where no one wants to be the figurehead of a shitty brand. Also, what the fuck is a Little Italy Streetfight? Is Dixie Carter going to break into an Italian restaurant, steal the entire set including the chef, put it in the Impact Zone and let them at it? In fact, that sounds awesome! I demand this to occur, instead we will have another clusterfucktastic match.
Winners: LAX

Wade: Another old standby gimmick match. I don't know what to think of this feud since it isn't really centered on the NWA Tag Titles. I also don't know where this feud is headed.
Winners: Team 3D

Scott: Team 3D will win but I think that Bubba needs his ass kicked for real because He is worse then Hulk Hogan~!
Winners: Team 3D

Marcus: Winners: LAX

X-division Title: Chris Sabin Vs. Jerry Lynn

Casey: Even though this is Rusoo and the tendancy is for him to change the belts as often as I take showers, I don’t see it this month. I see Sabin screwing Lynn over and Lynn challenging Sabin to his very own specialty the Ultimate X match for March and Destination X. Actually, seeing that and realizing how much sense it makes I’m beginning to have doubts. Also it is now being reported that the new gimmick match TNA will announce on Monday is called “Elevation X” and involves a scaffold, so be afraid be very afraid and these 2 could be candidates for it.
Winner: Chris Sabin

Art: should be a great match, not sure if Lynn will get the title but I know he'll put out an awesome performance.
Winner: Sabin

Ric: This again?
Winner: Lynn

Euan: Winner: Chris Sabin

Wade: This has been a somewhat entertaining feud. It's a nice way to get Lynn back in the ring and Sabin is great as a heel.
Winner: Chris Sabin

Scott: Sabin has been champ for a month which is like 3 years in Russo time, so in what could be the best match on the show…
Winner: Jerry Lynn

Marcus: Winner: Jerry Lynn

Prison Yard Match: Sting Vs. Abyss

Casey: This is also so obvious I’ll probably get it wrong. Sting will lock Abyss in the cage and this will trigger some repressed memory or something stupid like that and then wackiness will occur resulting in a face turn for Abyss.
Winner: Sting

Art: This feud/storyline does not interest me. It really insults my intelligence.
Winner: Abyss

Ric: This again?
Winner: Sting

Euan: Winner: Sting

Wade: Another strange gimmick match by the master of strange gimmick matches. The idea of having them start outside the arena is...different. What are they gonna do with the cage after the loser is in it?
Winner: Sting

Scott: I hope Sting wins, Abyss finally turns face and this feud is ended.
Winner: Sting

Marcus: Winner: Abyss

NWA World Heavyweight Title Kurt Angle Vs. Chrristian Cage w/Samoa Joe as Unofficial Enforcer.

Casey: I know I’m flirting with last place again but I don’t see the title changing here. It will be interesting and by interesting I mean an afterthought as we’ll see how much influence Angle really has as Angle feels Christian should have a long title run. We shall see. Also we’ve got about 500 people at ringside for this, I guess to make it easy for them to do run-ins, but hey at least TNA has basically told us ahead of time that a bunch of people will be running in to make this an overbooked mess. Also, if Samoa Joe is the unofficial enforcer, who is the official enforcer?
Winner: Christian Cage

Art: I can't see Angle winning the title already but you never know with this company and Vince "Hotshotting everything" Russo. Angle and Joe could have some tension and Steiner might get in Joe's face and distract him thus not helping Tomko.
Winner: Cage

Ric: Ug
Winner: Kurt Angle

Euan: Winner: Kurt Angle

Wade: The deck seems to be stacked against Joe and Angle here. Cage not only has Tyson Tomko with him but also the "Big Bad Booty Daddy." Christian doesn't want to lose the title and I don't wanna see another Angle/Joe match so soon.
Winner: Christian Cage

Scott: The right thing to do would be to have Angle chase for the title. The stupid thing would be to just keep trading it back and forth every month. So given who’s booking…
Winner: Kurt Angle

Marcus: Winner: Christian Cage

Casey: The OCC will have more live coverage for this show than it deserves starting at 7:30 PM ET.

Art: Card looks okay, not enough for me to buy it though. TNA has been dead to me personally, I know it's there yet I don't follow it much at all. So no live coverage or "A look back at..." review from me tonight.

Ric: PS. I was feeling better until I began thinking about TNA.

Scott: It looks bad on paper so the show has a pretty good chance of sucking but there is a small chance that they may pull something out of their asses.

Quick Pick Guide…
Dutt/Lethal Vs. Serotonin
Unanimous: Dutt/Lethal

Mixed Tag: Storm/Tennessee Vs. Williams/Kim
Casey/Art: Williams/Kim, Everyone else: Storm/Tennessee

Christy Hemme Vs. TBD
Casey-Art-Euan: TBD, Ric-Wade-Scott-Marcus: Hemme

Basebrawl II: Hoyt Vs. Torborg
Marcus: Torborg, Everyone else, Hoyt

Chain Match: Rhino Vs. Styles
Casey-Ric: Styles, Everyone else: Rhino

Little Italy Streetfight: Team 3D Vs. Lax
Casey-Ric-Wade-Scott: Team 3D, Art-Euan-Marcus: LAX

X-Division Title: Chris Sabin Vs. Jerry Lynn
Casey-Art-Euan-Wade: Sabin, Ric-Scott-Marcus: Lynn

Prisonyard Match: Sting Vs. Abyss
Casey-Ric-Euan-Wade-Scott: Sting, Art-Marcus: Abyss

NWA Title: Christian Cage Vs. Kurt Angle
Casey-Art-Wade-Marcus: Cage, Ric-Euan-Scott, Angle

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home