Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Thursday, August 31, 2006

OCC Update

On the most important foot in the country.

Given that the citizenry of the OC stands at 1, you must post to the blog before you earn citizenship, think of it as our citizenship test if you would, but anyway with there only being 1 citizen right now its not exactly a large field of feet applying for the title of most important.

My right foot hurts ergo it wins.

My mom stopped by after work and on her way home with an ice pack or 2. I've got my foot elevated, there isn't really any swelling but there is a big bulge on the top of my foot.

I can walk but would rather not if you sense what the OCC is saying.

I think I will be able to sleep through the night. This is a positive as when I broke my heel back in 2000 on my left foot, sleeping was not an option until after the doctor's visit due to pain.

My sister will stop by tomorrow and see if my foot requires amputation, although if it does, I promise to not pull a Kerry Von Erich as I will tell the world.

In other OCC news the SD State Fair starts tom...well, later today actually.

What this means for your OCC is kettle corn and lots of it. You can contribute to the kettle corn fund by clicking on those google ads.

I don't know due to injury if I will be able to walk and buy my kettle corn on my own or if I will have to obtain it through several third parties. Yes, I said several, one has to stock up on the goodness.

Kettle Corn & A&W root beer is the greatest combination of things I have ever had.

Oh where was I? Oh yeah, the foot, well as I said I definitely heard a crack when I slipped on the stairs. I left church under my own power and even walked into Coborns to get some comfort supplies, IE, Tropical Starburst, Chocolate Chip Cookies & A&W root beer. I had a nice conversation with the checkout girl about...Kettle Corn, cause she knows it rowks too.

Came home putted around for awhile, called home to see if my mom was home, think I scared my sister half to death by saying when she asked why I wanted to talk to mom: "Uh, no reason, I just want to see if she can take me to the Dr. tomorrow." I don't know if I'll go or not depends how I feel in the morning.

What this means is 3 things.
  1. I'll be blogging more than I thought the next day or so.
  2. I'll definitely live blog the Raiders game tomorrow assuming I can make it over to the radio to turn it on.
  3. I pray this isn't the case, but this may delay my start at work depending on if I go to the Dr. and what is said about it. That would suck and result in me doing much more begging for people to click ads, so why not do it preemptively?


I'm rambling: found another good astronomy related website: NinePlanets.org which will be added to the sidebar.

I will update the condition of my foot as it becomes available. I'm like the RNN or Randy News Network but the difference is, more people have heard of Randy Orton, but more people like me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home