Web oldcountrycorner.blogspot.com
Vote for the Podcast

Sunday, September 24, 2006

A Great Day in the Corner.

I had an oustanding day on Saturday.

So sit back as I tell you all about it:


The day started off with work. Now, I think that I have come to enjoy working on Saturday. I enjoy being around younger kids that don't mind goofing off. I mean as long as the job gets done I like having a little bit of fun in the process.
I was in the zone today. I mean seriously, I had 3 drink spouts going at once at times filling Cokes, Diet Cokes and Sprites. Very little spilled, I only made 1 drink I didn't need, I handled orders that included 7 drinks and was so fast that by the time that car got up to our window all of the drinks were either done or close enough that the wait was minimal. I was on today and I knew I was on.
The only small bad thing about today at work is the noon whistle. Oh how much I hate the noon whistle. It goes off every Saturday, at noon. I know that information shocks you. Well, its basically the cities warning system being tested. Anyway there is a syron very close to McDonalds. Let me explains what ends up happening. I hear the syron in my left ear, I hear it in my right ear and I also hear it in my left ear over the headset. So I have a layered sound sound going on and it is loud, annoying and makes me want to kill a small animal or an entire village of people it just depends. So, I thought I did awesome today. Nobody else may have thought so but I'm the only one that was with me the entire time.
Then I came home and after chatting with Wandering Euan over MSN, I started Live Blogging Slammiversary. I'm not done with the entire show yet, but I hope to finish some time on Monday. The football games make it unlikely that I will finish tomorrow. I will simply say this for anyone that doesn't want to go read all of that post as it stands now. I have seen all but 1 of the monthly TNA shows live on PPV or on the PPV replay and that was their first one back in 2004, Victory Road. I have seen every TNA Pay Per View available on DVD multiple times including Victory Road. The point is that of all of those shows, never has my opinion of a show been so dramatically different the second time around than the first. Sometimes, I'll see a match and think that it was better or worse than I thought when I saw it live. But, I gave this show a thumbs up when watching it live and I've still got 2 matches to go and it will be lucky if its a thumbs in the middle show. I don't want to be too critical of my initial review because a lot of why I am not liking this show now is because I know where things went after this show and back then I didn't have the benefit of hindsight. But the thing is that watching each show on DVD months after the fact always has provided me with the benefit of hindsight but the thing is it has never so dramatically changed my viewpoint of a show.
Then there's UFC which I live blogged. I've gotten feedback from Euan and he seemed to like it which was great. I'm sure Art and Ric will voice their thoughts as well on how I did. But the point is that this was truly live blogging for me tonight. It was a unique challenge and I had fun doing it. I will live blog TNA on Sunday evening that is for sure.
Last but by far the best. I had my first long phone conversation with Jessica in almost 2, no actually over 2 months. It was wonderful, and I know some of you will find this hard to believe but I just couldn't shut up while talking to her. I dominated the conversation to a large degree and felt bad for it. I talked about everything at length including this here site, where it has been and where I want it to go. I probably flooded her with information. I hope she is convinced to post her first post soon so she can pass the citizenship test..
Now, I'm listening to the Bryan and Vinny show and looking forward to 2 days off work, football games in the afternoon and live blogging TNA Sunday Night. I'm looking forward to live blogging it, not the show itself.
So, that is my great day in the corner.

Oh, a quick story. Someone came through the drive-up on Friday and ordered a large coffee. No big deal, coffee is not my area as that's done up front, but it was what came next. He ordered it to go and I told the girl I was working with: No duh its to go you're in the drive-up. People sometimes...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home